NEW YORK STATE EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
Students must pass the following State Examinations in order to be eligible for graduation. These exams are ordinarily given some time before the projected graduation date to allow for remediation if necessary.
- Regents Comprehensive Exam in English
- Regents Exam in Global History and Geography
- Regents Exam in U.S. History and Government
- Regents Exam in Algebra
- Regents Exam in Science
**Regents Exam in Geometry, Regents Exam in Algebra II/Trigonometry, Second Regents Exam in Science are also required for a Regents Diploma with Advance Designation.
A student may receive a Regents diploma with honors or a Regents diploma with Advanced Designation with honors if he/she achieves an average of 90 percent on all Regents Exams required for the diploma.
*To earn the advanced designation, the student must complete one of the following:
- 3 unit sequence in a Second Language.
- 5 unit sequence in CTE, plus one unit in a Second Language.
- 5 unit sequence in the Arts, plus one unit in a Second Language.
**Students completing a 5-unit sequence in CTE or the Arts are not required to take the locally developed Second Language Exam.