Before you begin, here are some basic facts about the PowerSchool Parent Portal:
- The parent portal is intended to encourage positive communication between parents, students and teachers. Information on the PowerSchool Parent Portal does NOT replace report cards or official transcripts. For official grades or transcript information, please contact Mr. Ringuette at (607)588-7541, option 4 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Words in blue text are a link to more information.
- Please be patient when waiting for grades to be submitted. It is not realistic to expect teachers to enter grades the same day an assignment was due.
- The Gradebook instantly recalculates the overall grade based on every assignment entered. Please check the course and assignment notes or email your child's teacher if you have concerns.
- Teachers use different grading techniques, policies, and codes. Please check with the teacher if you are unsure of the grading policy or need clarification on a code.
- Some teachers use different "weights" for assignments depending on the type of assignment. Some teachers calculate grades by total points. How teachers weigh grades is their individual decision. To understand a specific grade calculation, please contact the individual teacher.
- You can find teacher email addresses on the GCCS website under the Staff button: http://www.gilboa-conesville.k12.ny.us/o/gccs/staff
Follow these 3 easy steps:
***Please note that there have been updates to the PowerSchool Parent Portal beginning September 1st, 2015***
Information regarding these updates will be mailed home to parents with student schedules in August. You can also find it attached at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: You will need a computer with Internet access and any recent browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) to log into PowerSchool. Connections can be made from home, work, or a public library.
Step 2: Go to the following link:
Enter the username and password that was mailed to you at the beginning of the year, if you do not have this information please call or email the guidance office to obtain it. Each student has a different username and password.
Step 3: Once you are logged into PowerSchool, you can select from the following options by clicking on the one you would like to view:
*Please note that the icons with a * next to them are not currently in use.
- Grades and Attendance
- Grade History
- Attendance History
- Email Notification
- Class Registration
- School Information
If you have any questions or concerns using the Parent Portal please contact the guidance office.